Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Advancement: A Guide to Strengthening Engagement and Fundraising Through Inclusion
In the practice of advancement, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) have never been more imperative. Advancement leaders know that they need to engage and reach more diverse constituents and hire and lead more diverse teams. But many organizations and institutions are frustrated by their lack of progress in this critical area and may be unsure about the best ways to inculcate DEI thinking and practices.
To meet that challenge, Angelique Grant, Ph.D. and Ron Schiller have collaborated to write a comprehensive guide for building inclusive cultures, inclusive teams and philanthropic programs. The new book offers rich strategies for achieving behavioral change and sustained success in meeting key objectives for DEI:
- Assessing your organization’s current environment for DEI, including obstacles to progress
- Implementing a culture of DEI
- Building a more diverse talent pipeline
- Recruiting, onboarding, and retaining a diverse staff
- Nurturing diversity in teams across the organization
- Integrating diversity into fundraising campaigns
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Advancement includes the insightful “DEI Maturity Model for Advancement,” as well as numerous personal stories illustrating successes and failures in DEI.
DEI in Advancement can be purchased via the publisher’s web site: Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)